Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mother Tagged!

1. How many kids call you mommy, mama or mom? 1 sweet miles and he says mama but I don’t think he knows why.

2. When you were pregnant did you know what you were having? Yes! I am too impatient to wait to know.

3. Due Date. April 1 fools day!

4. Did you deliver early or late? 1 week early

5. Did you have morning sickness? Ugh yes, everyday for the first 6 months morning to night puking. I had to take medication to make me function.

6. What did you crave? Whatever sweets I had there had to be something salty, mostly spaghetti O’s and otter pops or ice.

7. How old were you when you became a mom? The big 23

8. How long were you in labor? Well I got to the hospital at 6:00pm and had him at 12:00 am so maybe 6 hrs. I never really felt contractions though. I got the epidural before I got to that point so it was pretty darn easy…I could do it again!

9. How much did your child weigh? 6 lbs 12 oz

10. What’s your favorite thing about being a mom? EVERYTHING, his giggles/smiles at me, his soft skin to kiss…and the many moments to look fwd to while he grows.

11. What’s your least favorite thing? Getting up earlier or in the mid of the night, finding baby sitters. He is pretty prefect right now.

12. Do you want more kids? Yes! 3 more and be done by the time I’m 32.

13. How many times have you been peed on? Actually not that many times so far…he is pretty good about not peeing on me.

14. What is the longest you have been away from your kid? One night and it was really weird.

15. Are your kids named after someone? Miles was just a name that we both liked but Robert (his middle) name was named after his daddy Robert. We wanted him to have a family name for tradition. We ideally would have liked Mark(grandpa) for the middle name, but Miles Mark Martin is too many M’s. Then we thought how about Clarence after great grandpa and even great grandpa told us not to use that name b/c he hated it. So we went w/daddy’s name. Miles Robert Martin.

16. When the baby is napping, you are: Well I work so when he naps I don’t get to see him. But when I’m home I blog, clean, watch tv.

17. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom. Traveling, going out and having fun with friends and family. He goes where I go and enjoys what I enjoy that’s what I say. Don’t change your life and put things on hold just because you have a child. Although that might all change when he gets older.

18. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom? Sleep and going to the movie theaters that’s about it so far.

19. If I could do it over, I’d do this differently: Well he is still so young but nothing so far. I’m just trying to work on things one day at a time.

20. What is a lesson you have learned as a parent? Enjoy every little moment because they pass so quickly. You cry more too.


ALL MOTHERS ARE TAGGED!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

I love it. It seems just like yesterday that he was born and we were all freaking out trying to decide how early was too early to come see you!! You're a great mommy.

barbmartin said...

I can so relate to you, Staci. You are such a loving mother. I love being a mom. And I am so thankful you married my first born joy!

Chris Martin said...

...havin a baby doesn't sound so bad!

Staci said...

yeah chris it was easy for me atleast. Not like the movies at all.