Friday, September 7, 2012

Thrifty Design Finds

I've found a lot of fun things in the last month to spruce up my living room. I get bored and have to change things up. I'm starting to run out of room on the limited wall space I have. All my decor has to go onto walls with having small children I can't do a whole lot. Sometimes I look at my living room and think dang it looks like someone puked color and different patterns everywhere...and you wanna know what I think about that...fabulous! Can't be bored if there is too much to look at right?! I'm probably breaking every design rule in the book but oh well I say if I can't have anything nice b/c of children I might as well have fun. 
$1 fabric from walmart....our walmart has the best selection of silky patterned fabrics. I can't wait to make fall scarfs with this....in the meantime I swapped out my old curtains for this lovely stuff. Again..no such thing as too many patterns in my house. 
$3 Hanging Lamp shade....isn't this so sweet...I have been looking for a hanging light since my last one broke for awhile and it was love at first sight with this shade. My dark living room will be a lil brighter now. 
My new $1 thrift gold frames with my recent family photos! This .50 cents mini cuckoo clock to go with my other one. A pretty $2 golden metal framed mirror and this fabulous $1 handmade cross stitch. 
I was forced to get a new area rug due to some hot pink fabric Rit dye and carpet..yikes. This wasn't a thrift but I sorta dig the pattern....b/c really who doesn't love matching polka dots, floral, and damask in one room? Oh and my country skirt I pretty much wear everyday b/c it's awesome!

4 comments:

Laura said...

You're so good at this stuff Staci! Show me the way!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Hi! I've been looking all over the internet for a template to make a hulk muscle shirt. I was browsing the web and saw the post you did in August. Would you mind taking some more pictures of the shirt? I'd love to see if I could make one like it. If it's not to much please either email me or just make a post on your blog. Thanks so much!

(just had to delete my address. Thanks for the email!)

Barbara said...

Great finds!! Love the curtains. Those are my favs.