Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lil LuLu!

She is finally here....38 weeks and she came! Here is how it went down....
Jan 11...I woke up feeling more pressure on my pelvic then usual, but again trying not to get my hopes up just keeping my mind clear if she was coming or not. The whole week I wanted her to come so at this point I had giving up on when! Around 5:00p I stated to get contractions...no pain though just braxton hicks, but they were more consistent so I called Rob to let him know that we should try going to the hospital and see what they say. It was now around 7:00 while I was waiting for Rob to get home I started to leak!!! What was this...I thought because I had never had my water break so I realized ok this has to be my water leaking. We rushed over to the hospital and again my contractions were pretty close, but no pain yet!

I get to the hospital and I'm telling the nurse that my water seems to be leaking and she asked me if I had felt it gush yet......then at that very moment a gush of water...so yeah I feel a gush! I was dilated to a 5 and ready to go! I was happy to have time to get an epidural before I stared to feel pain but I let myself get to a 7 before getting it...again I still hardly felt my contractions, but I got the epidural before I was to find out.


At this point everything is as smooth as it was with miles....but even easier b/c the process was going faster. The epidural was smoother..I didn't go into shock and throw up like last time. And then 3 hrs later I start to crown...4 pushes and she was here! I still feel lucky labor was so easy for me..the nurses were totally impressed and said I was born to make babies. I'm still afraid to do natural labor which I'm sure most woman that prefer natural would hate me right now, but sorry I just like my labors fast easy, and worry free and the epidural makes it that way.


My recovery time is a lot easier too....I feel like I can walk around and there is definitely less pain below. It was again a wonderful experience and we are so excited to have our sweet lil Lucy here with us.












video video

9 comments:

Matt said...

Rob: Is it too bright? Weird using those eyes, huh?

Man, bro. You sound like Morpheus talking to Neo after he's just been unplugged from the Matrix!

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?

Morpheus: You've never used them before.

The Lowe Family said...

She is a doll and you look radiant! i like that word, don't you? i'm gonna start using it more.

Di said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you. And fast labor, hello. I could only dream of a labor in that short of time.

Dear Matt said...

Lulu is beautiful! Just like her momma!!!! She has little sweet angel kisses too:)

You make beautiful babies! I can't wait to hear what Smiles thinks of her.

Congrats!

Jessica said...

Congrats! I think she looks a lot like Miles. I'm glad your deliveries always go smoothly and pain free, you're so lucky! 2 weeks early and only 4 pushes!

The Rawlins Fam said...

You were born to make babies!!! Count your many blessings! Name them Miles, and Lucy! What a doll your new baby girl is! Again, congratulations!!!

Aymee said...

What a bug. I love the videos. You can never get enough of those first few moments of crying from the sweet little spirits! She's such a bug and I want to hold her and give her kisses. I also want that hat, man I wish I could make them. I've been telling Adalei that you had a baby and Miles has a new baby sister. I don't know if she quite gets it. When she sees any pictures of babies she thinks it's Piper. I'm so happy for you guys and so glad to hear everything went smoothly.

The Toland's said...

Yes, she is my sweets! To Aymee> well, at least Addy doesn’t think every baby she sees is Jesus, like Andy hahah ever sense Christmas time with all the Christmas Nativities he thinks all babies are Jesus.

Marlon and Suzana said...

Yay! Glad everything went so smoothly! If you're made to have babies, could you have mine for me? lol! Wow you look gorgeous even after pushing out a baby!