Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blog Disaster!!!


I have been blogging for almost 3 years now and thought I knew "Blogger" pretty good! I was wrong. I however I did become recently aware that "Picasa Web album" and "Blogger" were connected. All the pictures you upload to Blogger automatically save into Picasa Web album. I don't know maybe most of you bloggers out there already know this but if you were to "DELETE" a picture from Picasa Web album it deletes from your blog post as well. Which will explain the recent missing photos from most of my post.


The other day I went through picasa web album and deleted a lot of photos that were blank "hidden" so I thought they were just pictures that didn't download correctly or something. Well turns out they were actual pictures! For some reason they were set to hidden and when I deleted them they are officially gone now. The thing that disappoints me the most is the "NO WARNING" of what would happen when I delete them and the fact there is no way of retrieving them back. Soooo once they are deleted they are gone for good. Now unless I want to go back and re upload every pic that got deleted....which is MANY over hundreds my blog will offically be lame and there will be prob 1 or 2 pics from every post for the last 2 years missing! This also includes every post I did on my "Martinkin" blog as well.



So fair warning to all that decide to be dumb and do what I did....just don't even open Picasa Web Album! I am extremely sad about this and hope I can recover!

7 comments:

Caty said...

I am so sorry!! But thank you for the warning. I know some day in the future I probably would have done the same thing.

Cari said...

Okay, I started typing my comment and then read Caty's and it was like a repeat.

Thanks for the warning, I probably would have done the same thing one day, so now I know NEVER to do that. Your blog is never lame, even without the cute pics of Miles. I will miss the pictures though.

Auntie Laurie said...

So there is no way to get them out of trash. What about contacting Picasa? So sorry about that. I guess we all should back up pics on a hard drive. It's like the time Brad recorded over this tape I had of him when he was 2. I can never get it back. Made me sick. Love ya

TannHart said...

Ditto...thanks for the warning.

The Lowe Family said...

did u write that in spanish cuz i didn't understand any bit of it.

martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Staci said...

Aunt Lor...I have all my pictures saved on my computer it's just picasa web album is a program bloggger uses to back up photos and if you delete from there they delete from your blog. I still thankfully have every photo i have ever tooken still on my computer. And i do back those up on a disk once a month!