Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Baseball!

Miles is playing baseball this summer and yes it took a lot of pushing to get him to be excited about it b/c frankly he didn't have a choice. We love baseball and so we really wanted him to try it. Miles hates everything before he tries it. I "forced" him to practice with me and that's near impossible so I was nervous for his first game....
It rained..it was cold...he was holding back tears as he stood shivering his skinny lil body in the field. Then he got up to bat. He held the bat and had the saddest mopie face I've ever seen. I'm thinking great he wont even try...first pitch and he wacks it out!
At the end of the game even though he seemed miserable he told me he "loved it"!
Thank goodness we haven't had a cold rainy game since. He has hit the ball every time he bats and runs for the ball to make plays, but most importantly he loves it!

4 comments:

Julia Martin said...

Oh my goodness, I can't stop smiling!! What a champ! If he's this good at 5 years old, he's only going to get better. I'm glad you guys forced him to do it. What a great choice.

Julia Martin said...

Oh my gosh, and seeing all those cute little kids run for the ball...my heart is so happy. Maybe Miles is trying to impress the cute little umpire behind him. ;)

Stephanie Kelly said...

That is the greatest video ever (gotta love the Queen). I love that little man. GO MILES!!!

Barbara said...

Love the video and music! So proud of that little guy! I think he's going to surprise us many times in his future. He's amazing!