Saturday, December 17, 2011

7 years of Lovin!


I’m so lucky to have the most handsome and amazing man in my life. He works 9 or more hrs a day 7 days a week and always walks through the door at the end of the day with a big smile on his face and a happy attitude. He never complains if I don’t have dinner or a clean house. He does dishes after dinner every night so I can make a mess of the kitchen in the morning then comes home for his lunch break and does my breakfast dishes along with tidies up the rest of the messes the kids made. So then it’s all clean for me to mess up again for dinner. He keeps up the laundry and cleans the toilets. He always tells me how beautiful I am even when I’m pregnant and wearing my pj’s.

It’s all the little things he does too…like always manages to have a nice cold ice water by the bed so when I’m really thirsty and don’t want to get up there is always one there for me. When we are about to watch t.v he just brings me my glasses with out me even realizing I need them. When my phone rings he brings it to me with out me even asking. This is starting to sound like I’m really lazy, but with a husband that does it before I can…I can’t complain right! He makes the bed everyday if I’m not in it. If there are clothes on the floor they are mine not his. I know this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but he shaves, takes 2 showers and flosses his teeth everyday. I just know a lot of woman that have husbands that are slobs and I take that for granted. He never complains and always does what I want to do…weather that is dragging him to a place he doesn’t want to go, dressing in something he doesn’t want to wear, or watching the kids so I can go play. The best thing about him is he gives the best back tickles and never wants any in return!

If I had to tell you his faults it would be hard and they are kinda lame, but here we go. He hates chick flix, plays pc games(which I don’t mind, but some woman might hate) not really a problem b/c he puts family and responsibilities first. He doesn’t like the nice preppy clothes I think he would look cute wearing, and he pops his fingers way too much.

Even through all his HORRIBLE (ya right) faults he truly is the most selfless person. He always puts everyone first. He cares about their feelings before himself! I am so blessed and don’t deserve a best friend like that for eternity, but I will be thankful and try my hardest to love him just as much in return. There’s nothing like starting the day and ending it with a kiss and “I love you” from Robert Martin!

7 comments:

Julia said...

Gosh, I love my brothers! They are so much like dad, it's crazy. So glad you two got married 7 years ago. Not only am I sealed to Rob for eternity, I'm sealed to you too, Staci. Awesomeness. :) Love you both, and congratulations!!

Cari said...

Happy Anniversary! I had to giggle at "back tickles". I had never heard it called that until I started dating Jordan; I had always called it "back scratching". He called it that when we were dating and I thought it was funny. I wonder if he learned the phrase from you?

Staci said...

haha that's funny Cari...back tickles are much better then back scratches! Jordan know's his stuff ;)

barbmartin said...

That was beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! I am all teary eyed right now. So proud of my Robbie. He has had that loving heart since he joined us 31.5 years ago. We are so blessed to call him our son and so grateful he is so happy with you, Staci! Love you both!

Chris said...

Awesome. That was a fun way to get to know more about your day. It's true! Rob always comes home with a smile. Way to go bro!

Megan Marie said...

so so so so sweet.

Andaira said...

Enhorabuena, me ha encantado leerte y quería que lo supieras./
Congratulations, I loved reading you and wanted you to know

He disfrutado mucho mirando tu blog
I enjoyed watching your blog.

Saludos desde España