Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloweeeeeeeeen

Rob and I went to our friends party last night and trying to get Rob to dress up for Halloween is not easy. So I convinced him to do something I knew he would love. Hello Back to the Future! He was game and made the perfect Doc!
Trying to get Miles to go as "Lil Carl" as "Up" wasn't going to happen after seeing the batman costume at the store. He was set on being batman, but "cool batman" so late Friday night last minute I ran to the store to see if they had any left and of course not, but really I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on a cheap ugly batman store costume. So I bought a gray turtle neck for $4 and made the rest out of stuff I had....and he LOVED IT! He has actually been wearing it for 3 days straight along with sleeping in it.
Since Miles was batman, no one could tell what Lucy was as 'Lil Ellie" from "Up" unless she was with Miles as "Lil Carl" so I had to act fast and whip up something cute. She said she wanted to be a princess and again I don't do store bought ugly costumes. So she got a lovely felt cape and crown. She loved it!!!

5 comments:

Caty said...

I LOVE your Back to the Future costumes! Did you guys make those light jars, too?

Lindsay said...

i TOTALLY feel you on the not buying cheapy store bought costumes. i really don't ever want to do that. they are so freakin' ugly and make you look like white trash. ugh. i LOVE the batman costume you made miles. it's a really brilliant idea.

Stephanie Kelly said...

And just when I think those babies cant get any more perfect!!!!! THEY DO!

Chris said...

Awesome! Way to go on stickin it to the man and making your own stuff, it's always better that way. Way cute

Colleen said...

Love it! Question-- where did you find grey shirt and pants? Are those long underwear bottoms? Great photos! Thanks--