Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Projects

I have worked on some new and fun projects lately...here they are...
I was inspired to do some cross stitching pendants from a blog called "doe c doe". I have been wanting to do it for sometime and had the perfect opportunity for my BFF Alex's bday!


For my cousin's new baby boy I made this warm soft blanket and a matching hat....I forgot to get a picture of the hat but this picture is what it looks like, but in the hounds tooth pattern. I got the tutorial and pattern HERE

Lastly my some what failed attempt at a hooded towel I made for my friend with two boys. This is after she washed them so you can see I need to work on figuring out how to make the towel not fray everywhere. It was fun and pretty easy..just gotta work on the details.

6 comments:

Tasha Early said...

Love it all!! I've been wanting to do some cross stitch pendants, but I haven't been able to find any pendant to put my cross stitch in. Bummer.

Alecia said...

its not a failed attempt! i think it looks kinda cool all frayed like that, its more monstery. I LOVE THAT CROSS STITCH NECKLACE! you should make them and sell them on your etsy. i'll buy one.

Staci said...

Tasha...Hobby lobby is where i got mine. I had to order them online b/c we don't have a glorious hobby lobby here where i live. There is a link to them through the blog I got the idea from.

barbmartin said...

Love it all!!!! Especially the pendants and the baby blanket. I so want to make the blanket and have it ready for young mothers I work with at school. You are amaaaazing!!!!

Stephanie Kelly said...

I agree with Alecia..I thought you frayed the towel on purpose... I LOVE them that way. They totally give the monster feel.

terry said...

Auntie Laurie says: Not Terry??? I love the pendants. Darling.