Tuesday, April 1, 2008

He's here! And it's no April Fool's joke!

Our lil Miles is finally here and he is as wonderful as we knew he would be. We went into the hospital at 6:00pm and I was already dilated to a 6 and still feeling no real mean contractions. I got the epidural soon after and it was smooth sailing from there. We really wanted an April fools baby and I guess he wanted to be an April fools baby as well because he held off till 12:19 to be born. He was 6 lbs 12 oz and 18 1/2 inches. He has a lot of hair and I'm hoping it turns red, it has a reddish hue. Maybe he will be strawberry blond time will tell. He is such a good baby and it's amazing how much love we have for him already. We can't wait to take him home and start our lives as parents. We hope you all enjoy the pics. and videos. We also hope to see you all soon. We love you all!
This picture we think he looks a lot like Aunt Stephy!
Robby is such an amazing father. It was a given but he is so helpful and I love to see him with Miles b/c he just adores him.

We were so happy to have Uncle David there. He is really good with Miles.




Rob got it in one snip. He was so excited to be apart of this birth. I think it was a real wonderful experience for him. For the both of us.

8 comments:

The Toland's said...

ahhhhhhhhhh I can't believe Stac is a mommy. And he does look like ME!!! he is too sweet I am so excited! I love his lil' cry...Eric said he even sounds like Stac hahah!!!

T said...

He's PERFECT! So adorable. I just want to smother him with kisses and more kisses. He looks like he's got huge hands....and huge balls to go along with those hands:) He's gonna love that video when he's older...hehehe. I love his little cry, so fragile and sweet. What a good little baby, I am just so excited! Get ready for a new chapter of your life. No turning back now, the adventure begins! Just remember that you cannot spoil a baby, just shower him with loads of love and laughter! We love you guys so much and we're so stoked for little cousin Miles to be here on this earth to such wonderful parents as you two.

Matt said...

Man, I just wasted a comment on the other blog. I'll have to get used to using both blogs. Well, I almost cried when I saw these pictures. It's one thing to see Staci with a big tummy and quite another thing to see this cute little guy come out of that tummy. I can't wait to hold him. I would drive down right now but I would fail my finals which are coming up. Wow, what a spiritual moment. I'm so grateful for blogs. So grateful for digital cameras. So grateful for epidurals. So grateful for circumcision. Everything seemed to go so well. Although, David better remember that I'm the first uncle even if he was there first! :) I love you guys. I'll see you soon!

Bill and Tara said...

You made me cry, it wasn't that long ago that they plopped little Eddie on my chest like that. Isn't it the most amazing moment imaginable!?! I want to hear all your feelings, how it went, labor, everything. One of these days when you get a chance to, please drop me an email, I LOVE to hear first-time mom stories, you will never have that again. Each birth is amazing, but you will never have that "what's gonna happen next?" feeling. SO AWESOME!!!! I love his cry, is there any sound more angelic than a newborn cry? I can't think of anything, NOTHING is as pure as that sound. He is perfection Staci! Can't wait to meet him at the wedding, he and Eddie will be the "little men" stud muffins. (I am going to make sure Miles and Eddie have their own little baby flower that match the big boys, to pin on their clothes too, it's going to be so cute!!!) Congratulations, you look gorgeous, and life will just keep getting sweeter and sweeter from here on.

SuzanA said...

Congrats you guys he's beautiful! We are so happy for you guys! You are in for the time of your life! Take plenty of videos when he's small cuz in 6 months you will not be able to believe he was ever this small (I am so jealous by the way that you got to push out such a small baby!)! Thanks for giving Donny a little friend! The videos you posted made me cry! Child birth is beautiful! Loves!

Paul and Emily said...

Welcome to world, baby Miles!!! There's nothing sweeter than hearing a newborns first cry! So happy to see him in your arms! He's as cute as can be. And he has been born to some awesome parents!

*Sarah* said...

OMG Stace he is PERFECT!!! SO adorable and sooo cute. I can't wait to see him this evening... You look way good too for just having baby. Man, I hope I look that good... Hahaha.. I am so happy that he is finally here...

Cherylann and Mike said...

He is so cute! Congratulations you guys! You will be awesome parents. Love all the pictures. I agree with Matt, it doesn't feel like you are so far away with these great blogs! Grammy Wilson would be proud to share her birthday. He is in for some great ones.