Monday, November 28, 2011

Merry & Bright!

Yay for The Holiday's! I am so excited for Christmas seems like more then ever this year. Maybe because I'm in the nesting phase of my pregnancy and I want to get all creative.
This year I did things a little a different, but of course sticking to my vintage ornaments which make me so happy! There is nothing like Christmas that makes you want to be surrounded with the magic of your childhood and decorating with stuff I grew up with makes me all warm inside.
Although I got my first nontraditional "WHITE" tree and am sooooo happy with my lil twist on traditional. My ornaments just pop out of this tree. I'm sorta in love with it. (I do have colored lights on the tree but you can't tell in the picture)
Next is this sweet tender tree skirt. I had one just like it that my grandma made but I found this one at the thrift store which I just loved. Only a $1....to think the time spent making it...I will appreciate it, who ever made it. There is even initials on the stockings, but that makes me love it even more. There is nothing better then sequence and felt during the holidays.
Here are a few close ups of my tree...I made the pom pom garland and it was so much fun...a mess but fun. Can you spy Batman? Of course we have to have Batman!
My favorite newest addition is my beginning of a Christmas village. I'm in love with the bottle brush trees and I've seen so many ways of dying them diff. colors. So you bleach them and some turn out yellow, light green, teal, cream and I bought some pink cloth dye to make my peachy pink trees. Then along with the trees added some lil people. Thanks to my grandma for collecting me all my wooden people and ornaments all year round. She even found me the house music box. I can't wait to add more next year.

Lastly just a few other touches....I wish I had more places to put all my stuff on display but with my kids everything has to be unreachable...the tree is a story in itself. We are excited to do our advent calendar my mom made last year (an exact replica of my childhood advent calendar).
So we have our christmas lights up on our house, tree up, elf on a shelf watching, Josh Groban Christmas cd playing and holiday candles burning! Time to make some gifts...and buy some too.

10 comments:

Stephanie Kelly said...

yeah wayyy cute. Dang I want a white Christmas tree now.

Cari said...

I LOVE the white tree! Your whole house looks adorable!

jamielynn said...

i love your stuff!!! my favorite thing growing up was my moms christmas village i had so much fun putting it up every year and helping her add to it:) enjoy!!!

Alecia said...

i've wanted a white tree for soooo long! one day, when we have a place of our own, we will have two trees. or more. and i will have my white tree. i love your homemade stuff!!! and that little village , that's my favorite! ahhhhh! yes, andrew would LOVE you! hahaha

Caty said...

In loooove. Seriously, Staci, this is AMAZING!

Emily said...

SO fun!!! Love all your decorations! Very sweet. I just wish we could visit in person. Merry Christmas!!

Chris said...

I was a witness! Good job stace =] The only challenge is to not let Lucy touch the tree

Cherylann and Mike said...

Your tree is sooo cute! It looks professionally decorated! You could decorate trees and sell them! Beautiful Staci!

barbmartin said...

Your ideas should be in a magazine! Absolutely magical! Some of your decorations bring back memories for me too.

Lindsay said...

can we have christmas at your house this year? k good. thanks. i'll sleep on the couch, lucas will sleep with miles and enos will sleep between you and rob. it will be magical.