Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eating healthy

As of late I have been really worried if my kids are even healthy. Miles eats hardly anything! He drinks about 8 cups a milk a day...sometimes I wonder if I just blend all his food into a milk shake if he will eat it then. Lucy has been really good up until recently she doesn't eat fruit and veggies as well as she us to. She still eats way better then Miles though. There are some things they will eat so time for deceiving!

I got this book for Christmas. I have been wanting it for sometime and I'm excited to start some of the recipes and ideas of deceiving my kids to eat healthy. If you haven't heard of the book it's written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife. It's a simple kids recipe book mostly about purees. All of her recopies incorporate purees of fruits and veggies. For example her brownies have pureed broccoli in them. What I love most about the book is how simple and kid friendly all the recipes are. I also like the quotes from her kids and Jerry after each recipe, how they liked it.
My first attempt...both of my kids were really good about eating bananas every morning...that has stopped recently, so guess what I pureed banana into their waffles and they ate them all...wooooohahahaaaaa!
Since being a stay at home mom I feel my biggest duty other then taking care of the kids is meals. I feel like that is the one thing I can have all control and try to perfect. I think this last year has been going well with having meals every night, planning menus for grocery shopping and doing one new meal every week. This will just be one new thing to add which I'm excited about. I hope it works and my kids are getting somewhat of what they need to stay healthy.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

hahaha! You're tricky! I love it!

Caty said...

Great sneaky idea! I love the photo of the book where Lucy is smiling, unknowingly, in the background. Good luck!

Alecia said...

i love this idea!!! and that first pic is sooo dang cute! you're such a good mom!

Momma's Hart said...

I have several friends who rave about this book! Lucy smiling is just so precious!

Happy (being a sneak) and cooking!!!

Lindsay said...

i know what you mean... i totally worry about lucas not eating as healthy has he could be. i think i wanna get this book. also.. i love that you are trying to cook more variety.. i'm struggling with just cooking so it's very motivating!!