Saturday, April 10, 2010

play day




Today I realized Miles has good manors. Obviously in the pictures you can see that lil boy stole Miles' bucket and shovel. He would go up to him and say "bucket, mine" in his sweet lil voice and the lil brat kid would run off. Then the lil brat kids, brat mom started to play with the bucket all while Miles was standing pointing "bucket, mine"...then looking over at me with a sad face all confused why they wouldn't let him have it. Then a swarm of kids came and started to play with it and eventually a nice mom came over and saw Miles looking at the bucket. This was their conversation:

Nice mom-"Is this your bucket?"
Miles- "Bucket, please(signing it too)"
Nice mom-hands him the bucket
Miles-"Thank you(signing it too)"
Nice mom-"Thank you for letting us use it"
Miles-"Your welcome"

All by himself..I was so proud he was such a good boy.

9 comments:

Tasha Early said...

This is great! He so SOOOOO adorable.

Marlon and Suzana said...

Ugh mean kids drive me nuts & their parents are the worst! I'm so proud of Miles for doing it all on his own, he's such a sweetheart!

Cari said...

I hate when kids mom's see them do something mean or naughty and don't do anything about it! Way to go Miles for having manners, if it had happened to my kid, I wouldn't have been so nice.

barbmartin said...

Good for you Staci! You let him work it out instead of jumping in and solving it for him. You are such an awesome mom! He will learn from these experiences. And you are the one who taught him to be so polite. I am proud of you both!!!

The Toland's said...

hahahah ok I love this post! I love that lil' boy. But as the mom I would not of stood back I would of ran over to that lil' street rat that stole the bucket back...I would of ripped it out of his hands and yelled at him, "Didn't you hear him...it's his bucket"!!!! And then maybe smack him in the face...or kick him in the back of the knees!

Matt said...

Ha! Stephanie's comment made me crack up! "In the back of the knees!" Yeah, it'd be hard not to react to a situation like that. Brat kids with brat parents are pretty annoying. But the worst part is when those parents will defend their kids for doing something bratty! Way to go Staci for taking the high road.

Staci said...

I would have shot the kid and the mom in the face.

Staci said...

last post was not staci's post BHK

The Toland's said...

hahah I guess I get it from you dad!