Thursday, December 3, 2009

My lil Honey Dew!

Lucy's senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through my (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, Lucy can now recognize and react to music… crank up the Josh Groban or for daddy Metallica! Growth is starting to slow atleast for her...I'm getting bigger!

Things are heating up inside as well: Lucy may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and her brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, she'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, her bones are hardening, and she's started to keep her eyes open when she's awake.

I can't believe I have less then a month till she is here....and I'm completely unprepared. She has no clothes so everyone be prepared to get me something cute for her to wear(less pink the better). Mentally I'm pretty ready. I'm so excited for her to be here and I can't wait to be a mother of 2! Now ask me if I still feel that way a couple months after she is here.

7 comments:

barbmartin said...

You will! Maybe more tired, but get use to that! You are already a wonderful mother and have a darling little boy to welcome Lucy to the family. We can't wait!!

Beth Olsen said...

Holy cow, I can't believe she'll be here so soon! Time is just flying. I can't wait to meet her...and you'll love being a mom of 2! It's so much fun!
I need to get crackin' on your gifts since she'll be here so soon!

Brittney Taylor said...

That is just crazy that she will be here in less then a month...where does the time go...I can't wait to meet this little princess...I haven't seen a little girl baby in FOREVER...I am surrounded by BOYS...so I am way excited to see her...let me know if you need anything...

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

I cannot believe you are 8 months!!! Hopefully i'll get to see you when we head down this weekend... I'm hopinh to stop by the office on Tues or Wed. Miss you!

Di said...

It'll be the hardest year of you life I can promise you that. And then you think. WOW, this is so easy. Because after that first year with two, anything is easy!

The Rawlins Fam said...

Absorb all your alone time with Miles these coming weeks!!! But in all honesty, when Lulu arrives, the special moments between you and Miles, and with an added member to the family, will only increase more and more! Nearly instantly, you probably won't be able to imgaine a life with out your daughter. And how she'll be such a sweet little sister to your first born son. :)

Lindsay said...

go honey dew!!! i love you lulu...you WILL marry my lucas..and then you and i will be DOUBLE related, stac. HAH